Friday, April 6, 2007

More Pics!

Dang! I thought I was going to be the first to post.

I swear, you guys missed it. I mean, tonight had everything. Action, adventure, laughter, tears, and white knuckeled adreneline drenched art viewing, man! Tonight was good. Lots to see. It was chilly, but we had a nice group with us that kept growing as the night wore on and then suddenly, there were three (thanks for ditching us, guys. I can't blame them though.) We seemed to spend a good amount of time in each gallery and time got away from us a bit.

Highlights from the night: John Eckel at The Knapp Gallery. He seems very Picasso/Precisionist/Matisse-y. I liked it, but that's not saying a whole lot. There were some nice graffitti-inspired pieces at the gallery near the Knapp Gallery (my old mind is starting to slip). They had some real funky pieces as well as some pricey custom painted sneakers. It was both trashy and classy. I wish I had taken some notes or something because it really was a good night out and we saw a lot of interesting stuff. I'm sorry not all the regulars couldn't make it, but I'm glad to see some new faces out with us. Next time we'll have to play my favorite game.


Glass Bottom Boat on the Ceiling

The Round Up Outside The Knapp

Reflections on the Night

Hyper-Realism Under Glass


FYI: There's more design based events coming in the next few weeks. Get your horn-rims and goatees ready, folks.


No comments: