Saturday, September 8, 2007

Pics: September 2007

The first official, yet somehow unofficial, start to another semester of First Friday outings is behind us and despite the small crowd and the warm weather, it was a nice night. First and foremost, I want to thank Monica for joining us once again, cheerful and enthusiastic as ever, as well as Brian, reppin' the NJ and I want to thank Frank Gaydos for stopping by Starbucks for a few minutes to chat. He gave us a few leads on galleries before heading back to the Clay Studio.

This guy had some of the best stuff out there last night (I'm so sorry I forgot to get your name!). Brian and I talked with him for a bit noting how his copy of Rembrandt was better than most of the work in Lineage. As we were stumbling home from Sugar Mom's, I noticed he sold a few pieces. I'm hoping he'll be back out there next month. There were one or two things that caught my eye.


"It's all about the block letters."


This is the fourth one of these guys I've seen. The others so far are 40th and Walnut West, 40th and Spruce West, 7th and Market North. This is the first red one I've seen. It's at 3rd and Arch East.

Next up, reviews of what I can remember.


1 comment:

Choppah said...

So sorry to have missed the big "opening night!" Sounds like it was a beautiful evening for art. Looking forward to the upcoming months!